Can’t decide if you want to build your online course on Thinkific
These are 2 of the most well-known and well-established online course platforms out there right now. This video is Part 2 of a 2-part detailed comparison that I go into between Thinkific and Teachable.
In this video, I compare the 2 platforms on some key features that are highly relevant for online course creators, including:
- Can you allow your students to pay in installments?
- Can you offer a membership (instead of a course) and so charge a monthly fee for access?
- Integrations with email marketing services: What direct integrations do Thinkific and Teachable have with commonly used email marketing services (e.g. ConvertKit, Mailchimp, etc)?
- And is there a direct integration with the email marketing service that you are using?
- Integration using Zapier: If there isn’t a direct integration, you can still use the automation tool Zapier to connect either Thinkific or Teachable to your email marketing service (as well as to many other tech tools you might be using).
- What is Zapier and how does it work? For those less familiar with Zapier, I give you a quick and simple primer on what Zapier can do for you, and what triggers and actions are (don’t worry, I explain it all in the video), so you’ll be confident to start using it if you need to.
- Even if the above features are available – At which plan level can you gain access to these features on each platform?
- What onboarding and training do Thinkific and Teachable provide to help you get started creating and selling your online courses on their respective platforms?
By the end of this video, you’ll have a great feel for which of these platforms (Thinkific or Teachable) meets your needs more based on some key factors that you as an online course creator will likely care a lot about.
So check out this video now:
All right, I hope you now have a good feel for which platform – Thinkific and Teachable – suits your needs more, or offers features that matter to you most.
How much does it cost to use Thinkific and Teachable?
If you haven’t yet, make sure you also check out the 1st part of my 2-part detailed comparison between Thinkific and Teachable.
In that 1st video, I compare the 2 platforms in depth on the total costs involved in using each platform.
Now, I say “total costs” because there are more than one type of costs involved.
Also, like most online course platforms, each of these platforms have different plan levels at different prices – and specific features that you care about may or may not be available in a given plan level.
And aside from the costs of using each platform, there’s the issue of:
Is there a delay in getting your instructor payouts (i.e. your students’ payments to you)?
If there is, under what circumstances would you have to wait to get your payouts?
I go over all this and more in the 1st part of my Thinkific vs Teachable comparison. So be sure to check out that video too before deciding on which platform to use for building your online courses.
If you’ve found this comparison helpful, I have a FREE newsletter where you’ll find more actionable tips and info on many key aspects of creating and selling online courses.
You can sign up for my FREE newsletter here: